St. George's Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD
Set in the National Forest on 330 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland, the Outdoor Leadership Centre is located at St. George’s Park, Burton-upon-Trent, the home of the English Football Association’s National Football Centre. Its central location and connectivity means it’s easy to reach from wherever you are.
- 35 minutes from Birmingham by train and taxi
- 50 minutes from Birmingham Airport
This unique setting is the training base for all 24 England football teams with 11 full-sized outdoor pitches, a full-size indoor pitch, a multi-purpose indoor sports hall and one elite DESSO training pitch which is the exact replica of Wembley.
In addition, St. George’s Park has a 228-bedroom Hilton hotel as well as a Perform sports therapy centre.
Therefore, we are proud to be the Official Outdoor Leadership Partner of The FA.
There is no parking available at the Outdoor Leadership Centre. Upon arrival at St. George's Park, please drive beyond the Outdoor Leadership Centre and park in Car Park 1 - Pavilion. Please then follow the footpath signs to the Outdoor Leadership Centre which runs parallel to the David Beckham Community pitch.
Address - St. George’s Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD, UK
With links to the M1, M6, M6 Toll and M42, St. George’s Park is easily accessible by car. If you are using a SAT NAV, please use the postcode DE13 9PD. You will be able to follow brown signs for St. George’s Park along the A38.
Travelling from Birmingham along the A38
- Take the exit at the Branston junction and turn right on to the A5121 Wellington Road.
- Continue on the A5121 for approximately 1km before taking the second exit (Parkway) at the roundabout by Morrisons.
- Follow Parkway for approximately 1.6km and then turn left at the roundabout with the B5017 (Shobnall Road).
- Follow the B5017 for approximately 6km and then take the second exit (B5234) at the roundabout by New Inn.
- Continue for approximately 500m and the site entrance is on the left.
From the M1
- At Junction 24 of the M1 take the exit for the A50 towards Uttoxeter
- Stay on the A50 and take the exit for the A515 towards Lichfield/Sudbury
- Continue south on the A515 for approximately 7.5km, passing through Draycott in the Clay and the Six Roads End junction.
- Turn left at the junction with the B5234, signed towards Burton.
- Continue for 2.5km and the site entrance is on the right.
There are three rail stations providing fast and frequent access and just a short drive to St. George’s Park.
- Burton upon Trent - 16 minutes
- Lichfield Trent - 24 minutes
- Derby - 36 minutes