Crucial Conversations® training teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high stakes, emotional, or risky topics - at all levels of your organisation. By learning how to speak up and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), your organisation will begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest quality decisions, and then act on those decisions with unity and commitment.
What is a Crucial Conversation?
Crucial conversations take place every day, in every workplace; or at least they should. They are discussions between two or more people where the stakes are high, there is a difference of opinions, and emotions run strong. The difference between average and great workplace performance lies in how people handle these difficult conversations.
At the heart of all workplace challenges are conversations that are not being handled or not being handled well, resulting in strained relationships and diminished results. Often, we consider the potentially negative repercussions of speaking up and getting it wrong, but rarely consider the cost of silence for ourselves and the organisation.
What does Crucial Conversations teach?
Crucial Conversations is practical training programme based upon the best-selling book of the same title. Through a blend of facilitator-led group discussions, workbook exercises, video instruction and deliberate practice sessions, participants learn how to tackle difficult situations and issues in an effective manner rather than go to silence and avoid the problem. The training programme will enable delegates to:
Identify the conversations that are keeping them from their desired results
Speak persuasively not abrasively, no matter the topic
Make it safe for others to share their honest opinions too
Deal with people who either clam up or blow up
Gain control of their own emotional responses
Disagree without being disagreeable
Influence without exerting force
Over 1 million people have attended Crucial Conversations training worldwide. When people have the skills to discuss difficult workplace issues, individuals, teams and entire organisations have improved their ability to resolve disagreements, improve teamwork and decision making, enhance employee engagement and staff retention as well as increase productivity and effectiveness.
Crucial Conversations is a two-day training programme that utilises video, group discussions, skills practice and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
There are a variety options for completing Crucial Conversations:
- In-House Programmes – One of our expert trainers delivers the programme at a time and place which suits your requirements
- Public Programmes – Your employees attend a pre-scheduled, 2-day public training programme
- Train-the-Trainer Certification – Individuals or trainers from your organisation achieve certification to teach the course within your company
- E-Learning - Turning traditional learning on its head, Crucial Conversations Online is available on demand via your laptop, tablet or mobile device. Click here for further details
- Virtual Classroom - Crucial Conversations is available online via live, synchronous learning taught in five to seven two-hour sessions
- Crucial Accountability Conversion – A one day version of Crucial Conversations specifically for people who have completed Crucial Conversations training
To learn more about the options available to you, please complete the form below and a member of our Learning and Development team will be in touch to discuss this with you. Each method of delivery provides unique benefits which can be influenced by the number of individuals your organisation wishes to train, the convenience of delivery dates and locations as well as whether or not you need the course to be tailored to specific requirements.