Grahame Robb Associates are looking to employ an apprentice outdoor instructor at our Outdoor Leadership Centre, based at the St. George’s Park National Football Centre, Burton-upon-Trent.
The successful applicant will be trained towards a variety of ropes course and outdoor-based qualifications alongside the experience of working with groups of adults and children.
The apprenticeship will be run in partnership with Derby College and we will support you in achieving a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Facilitating activities on a variety of events and programmes - both based at the Outdoor Leadership Centre and at other locations around the country
- Organising some of the administration leading up to events
- Maintenance of the Outdoor Leadership Centre in conjunction with the Operations Manager
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to start a career in the outdoor activity industry and offers the opportunity to work with clients in the learning and development industry.
Location: St George’s Park, Burton Upon Trent, DE13 9PD
Salary: Starting at £3.60 per hour, with graded pay increases through qualifications acquired.
Benefits: On the job funded training (min. £2,000), long term opportunities to develop in other GRA training areas, level 2 Apprentice in Activity Leadership.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Duration: 12months with the opportunity for full time employment afterwards.
- To be 18+ years old
- To have a positive and friendly approach with customers
- A practical and resourceful approach to problem solving
- A full UK driver’s license
- Keen interest in an outdoor sport (walking, climbing, horse riding, sailing etc)
- Local to the Burton/Derby/ Lichfield area
Appointment subject to DBS check.
If interested please contact Andrew Norton at GRA on 01283 575905 or email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.